To make sure you will be able to follow the lesson on Thursday, please read (or in some cases re-read) the following:
1) Victorian Ideals of Womanhood on the BBC website (link below)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/trail/victorian_britain/women_home/ideals_womanhood_01.shtml
2) 'The New Woman' page of your Study Pack (8 pages from the back)
3) The 'Socio-historic Considerations' section of your Study Pack (last 3.5 pages)
It would be even more helpful if you made notes and/or annotations on these sections
Happy Reading! Hope you've all recovered from your trips / rash and are back in the swing of things...
Mr Ballantine
PS: Calvin, if you're out there: I miss you too - teaching about L'Omosessuale just hasn't been the same without you!
Yes! I hear your calling! I hear I hear...... I SEE YOU (have you watched Avatar)..... Thank you! I really miss your teaching and your....humour? :D hmmms... anyways.. I have this real gay english teacher here that the whole student body of this school hates. Quite incredible really... I finished my iop and I did it on a poem by John Donne,it went well...I think..Thats what the teachers said.. Hope youre doing well and enjoying Vietnam. Xin Chao, cam on, hen gap lai, tam biet, troi oi, Tam Biet, Beeeeeeep beeeeep!!!! (what were you thinking??? Cheeky cheekyyy.. thats the sound of the motorbikes honking) :D Take care.
ReplyDelete::Calvin::
Calvin - yes, I have seen Avatar. I'm even more worried than before...
ReplyDeleteMr Ballantine - wow.. thanks for that incredibly long reply.
ReplyDeleteCalvin